Self-help books often promote the power of positive affirmations. You, me, and almost everybody in the 21st century have heard of them.
Telling yourself how awesome you are can seem bizarre, but if that’s all you’re doing, there are probably more effective ways to go about it. And if you’re a skeptic, it doesn’t hurt to understand how and why positive affirmations became so popular.
According to the Chopra Centre the benefits of Daily Affirmations are:
- You become aware of your daily thoughts and words, reducing the risk of letting negativity seep in.
- You notice more synchronicities in your life, which serves to encourage and motivate you to keep up the practice.
- Daily affirmations not only help keep you surrounded by the things you want in your life but they help bring about more blessings and gifts.
- A daily practice helps to keep the small things in perspective. In this high-speed world you can easily lose sight of how large the small things really are. When healthy you may forget to think of how much you appreciate it. A simple morning affirmation sentence of “I am healthy” can go a long way.
- A recent study shows that optimistic people have healthier hearts, and affirmations help you to stay positive.
- As you continue this practice, others take note and you begin to help those around you without even trying. This, in turn, helps keep you focused.
- Daily affirmations keep you in a constant state of gratitude.