Article Sourced from Cosmopolitan: Read here
Disaster dates happen, right? You go on one expecting to be woo’d by the dude sending you good morning texts every day, but then he lets the door slam on your face and never says thank you to the waiter… you’re now suddenly reminded why you don’t date in the first place.
But what happens when you’re actually, legitimately stuck on a date you can’t get out of? Here, 8 women share the funniest, cringiest things they’ve said to get out of a date with a grade-F dude.
- “I met this guy at the theatre company where we were both performers. He was nice, but I wasn’t interested, so I told him I couldn’t go out with him one night because I had to go buy a cat. The next day, he asked me how the cat was and I responded, ‘what cat?'”—Anna M., 23
- “I told my date that my dog swallowed a sock and had to have emergency surgery to remove it… I don’t even have a dog.” —Carley N., 25
- “This dude had terrible body odor, he was drenched in sweat, insulted my culture, all while being super condescending. So, I told him I needed to return a dress urgently before the store closed, and I bolted!” —Sophia C., 26
- “After kind of dating this dude, we went out for ramen one night (even though he knew I hated it). He was eating it, and it was grossing me out, so I told him that I was actually interested in women. Oops!” —Marlo B., 23
- “One time I made my friend call me because the date was so bad. Her ’emergency’? She told me her cat was throwing up. So I told the dude I was with that I had to go help the cat… I know, I know.” —Catherine L., 24
- “I was looking forward to going on a date with this dude… until he asked me to pick him up because he had a suspended license. I was immediately turned off, so when he called me, I told him that I had to go to the doctor because I had too much ear wax and was worried. Not sure why that’s the first thing I thought of, but it worked!” —Michelle T., 24
- “I work as a waitress, so when I knew I had to get out of a date, I just told him that the restaurant caught on fire. He ended up texting me after and asking about it, but I didn’t respond.” —Marie A., 26
- “I signed myself up for one extra shift at work so I could get the hell out of there! I told him I had to do mandatory overtime for the next few months, ha!” —Kat A., 22